Environment & Energy Management are bringing to the Irish business community a unique event which will highlight the challenges and benefits to Irish companies transitioning to the ISO50001 International energy standard. Up to 120 senior management from food manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, medical, chemical, financial services, etc will attend the event as delegates and listen to industry leaders discussing the important issues of audit & accreditation, measurement & verification, finance/grant aid, legal, integrated standards and return on investment. In addition, our delegates will hear from two International Irish based manufacturing firms who have very recently been accredited with ISO50001 and who will openly discuss the challenges and experiences they faced during the transition.
ISO50001 Ireland will bring together delegates who are considering the transition to this International standard, but yet to make the journey. We have identified these companies through exhaustive research and considerable investment, making this event a must attend conference for any organisation working to achieve energy efficiency. In addition to the conference a small number of technology suppliers will be on hand to answer any technical questions our delegates and speakers may have.
The theme/profile of this event is simply to create an exchange of information between organisations who are about to make the transition to ISO50001 and companies who have already made the transition. Our speakers have been carefully selected based on their experiences and knowledge of this standard and are keen to network with delegates in an effort to develop the standard further within Ireland.
ISO50001 Ireland is driven by the necessity for energy efficiency in business and no other industry event has or will bring together such a high level of delegate and speaker line up as this conference.
We are still accepting proposals in relation to speakers, topics and themes. Should you wish to forward your proposal please do so by emailing Ronan McGlade.
ISO 50001:2011 is the International Standard for Energy Management, released in June 2011 that replaces the British and European Standard BS EN 16001:2009.
It provides the most robust framework for optimizing energy efficiency in public and private sector organisations.
Certification to this standard defines an organisations commitment to continual improvement in energy management. Implementation will enable an organisation to lead by example within their respective industries and ensure related legislative and regulatory requirements are met.
What are the benefit of ISO 50001 certification?
- Significant financial savings can be achieved through increased energy efficiency. (Ofgem forecast energy prices will rise by at least 20% by 2020)
- Enhanced marketing capabilities. Make your business stand out.
- ISO 50001 is the most robust energy management system, enabling organisations continual improvements on energy performance
- Organisations can ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- System Compatibility; ISO 50001 can be integrated with existing management systems
- If registered to ISO 14001, the ‘basic framework’ is already there
- Ensure best practice energy management systems are in place
- BS EN 16001 framework facilitates the management of energy bills and expenditure.